How Can I Make the Other Party Pay My Counsel Fees?

There are many instances through divorce, support and custody litigation that a party may wish to seek attorneys’ fees against the other party. Pennsylvania law provides many avenues for one party to seek counsel fees against another in a family law action; however, it should be noted that the local courts do not readily grant such awards. Read More

What is Mediation?

You and your spouse have decided to call your marriage quits. One of your friends may have mentioned mediation to you as a possible alternative to the often time consuming, uncertain and expensive traditional avenue to resolve the issues as a result of the end of your relationship, namely the court system. So what is mediation and how does it work? Read More

You made it through the holidays and divorce is imminent ….now what?

You took down the tree, packed up the decorations and ornaments and made the last trip to the mall for returns. Things with your spouse have been on rocky ground for a while but you wanted to buck up for the kids and get through the holidays before taking the plunge and filing for divorce. You have now decided you want to end your marriage. You should consider the following… Read More